Theatre Arts Mags x Andy Warhol
One if his greatest achievements, Andy Warhol contributed illustrations to over 300 magazine works. This lot includes his contributary illustrations in the Theatre Arts magazines ranging from 1950-1953. Although he most known for his Life and Time Magazine covers, his early contributions feature his early stylistic themes including his shoes, purses and illustrative outline drawings coloured with blocks of colour while leaving negative space and outline to create form. Interesting point about these magazines is they featured a whole play. His illustrations reflected the play. This is something the PRB did in Britain during the 19th century with poets such as Keats and more. The following magazines are included in this lot.
1. Cat. 22, Theatre Arts, p. 50, Ed. December 1951
2. Cat. 40, Theatre Arts, pps. 26-27, Ed. January 1953
3. Cat. 13, Theatre Arts the play "the gioconda smile", pps. 38-39, Ed. May 1951
4. Cat. 15, Theatre Arts, pps. 60-62, 64, 66, 69-70, 75-76, 81, 85, Ed. June 1951
5. Cat. 8, Theatre Arts the play "the enchanted", pps. 55, 58, 68, 79. Ed. October 1950
6. Cat. 9, Theatre Arts The play "come back, little sheba", pps. 57, 50, 76, 79 - 80, 85, 88
Type: Offset Lithograph/Magazine
Artist: Andy Warhol
Signed: Not Signed
Condition: Excellent, wearing from age (since 1950s), No torn or damaged pages.
Please note that these items are vintage items. If they do not sell in the lot, individual pages will be distributed. If you are wanting this service, it can be provided to you. As of now, each magazine is individually wrapped in non-toxic cello bags within on big bag lot.
Due to its vintage nature, these items are non-refundable. All conditions and appearances are posted to the best of xDKHG knowledge. Returns are not accepted. Any damage must be reported to the shipping company as once it leaves our shop in its secure and insured packaging, we are no longer responsible for its condition. All items will be tracked and insured for buyers peace of mind.
Keep out of heat and light with dehumidifying agents that will help preserve the vintage item. See package contents for more care instructions.